• Full Marathon 26 miles 385 yards
• Full Marathon Relay 26 miles 385 yards - 1st, 2nd & 3rd stages 7.5 miles each approx 4th stage approx 4 miles.
• Half Marathon 13 miles 192.5 yards
• Ultra Marathon 39 miles 577.5 Yards.
• For all entries received before 1st August 2012.
|Full Marathon||€ 50.00|
|Full Marathon Relay||€ 120.00 (per team)|
|Half Marathon||€ 40.00|
|Ultra Marathon||€ 60.00|
• For entries received after 1st August 2012 and before 25th August the fees are
|Full Marathon||€ 60.00|
|Full Marathon Relay||€ 140.00 (per team)|
|Half Marathon||€ 50.00|
|Ultra Marathon||€ 70.00|
•Our weekend of running kicks of on Friday evening 24th August with a 5K fun run. Meet at the Computer Clinic on Bridge St (near the Cinema) from 6.30pm. Entry fee is 5 Euro on the night. Medals for all finishers and Tea and light refreshments in the Longford AC Club HQ over the Computer Clinic afterwards. AAI Permit granted.
• We kick off the Marathon weekend at 10am at St. Christophers at Battery Road, Longford, with a 3 mile breakfast run around Longford Town. This run is open to all entrants in the marathon, and breakfast will be served after the run back at St. Christophers.
• All runners can collect their numbers on Saturday from 1.00pm to 6.00pm at St. Mels College in Longford. We will have signs up around the town directing you to the correct location. New entries will also be accepted at St. Mels College on Saturday.
• At 5.00pm on Saturday evening there will be a pasta party at St. Mels College in Longford
• Number collection for the marathon and half-marathon will open at 8.00am at St. Mels College in Longford.
• The marathon will start and finish on Main Street near the Longford Arms Hotel on Sunday morning.
• First off will be the walkers in the full marathon will set off at 9.30am.
• The particpants in the Ultra Marathon who will start at 9.30am.
• The wheelchair participants will start at 10.45am from the same location.
• The runners in the full marathon and all participants in the half-marathon will start at 11.00am on Sunday morning.
• The course will be well marked and each mile will be posted. Regular Water stations, every 3 miles, will be available along the way. We have some very ambitious predicted times from some of our entrants, and if these hold true, then we should see our leading marathon runners coming back into town shortly after 1.00pm. We would hope that everybody will be home and finished by approximately 4.00pm on Sunday afternoon.
• Hopefully the weather on the day will be good (but not too good!) and spectators will be able to come out and cheer the runners on. We hope to have entertainment courtesy of local musicians on the day to entertain runners and spectators alike.
Our Post race party this year will take place at 9pm on Sunday night in the Tally Ho Bar in New Street. Join us for traditional Irish Music and craic, compare your PBs, aches and pains, injuries and medals.
Longford Marathon are proud to have secured the support of one of Longfords most presitigious companies, Pat The Baker Ltd, who are based in Granard in Co. Longford.
Pat The Baker is Ireland's champion baker, they are over 50 years in business, with over 400 employees and offices throughout Ireland.
The Pat the Baker brand is known in every household across the country.
Pat The Baker. So fresh its famous.